Last week, I touched on smart snacking and if you are organized and prepared with healthier options in the house…well, you will eat healthier snacks. These little gems are the perfect snack, especially if you are craving something a little sweet. They are full of protein, (from the hazelnuts), sweetened naturally, (Medjool dates), are simple, (only 5 ingredients), and contain a greens powder for an extra nutritional boost!
- 1 1/2 cups hazelnuts
- 12 Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup protein powder with greens (or chocolate greens powder)
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips (Enjoy Life is a great brand)
- 1 1/2 tsp instant coffee
- Process the hazelnuts in a food processor until coarsely ground (or more if you like).
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until everything is mixed well.
- Add a little water until the mix feels clumpy and rolls well into a ball.
- Add a little coconut oil to your hands so that the mixture does not stick.
- For the perfect size ball, I like to use a melon scoop:o)
- If you do not have greens or protein powder, use plain cacao powder.
Hazelnut Coffee Balls with Greens,