Dayna Manning, of Trent Severn Band shared this recipe with our family a couple of summers ago. It was a hit then, and continues to be a smash every time I make it!
If you are looking for fresh, sweet, and satisfying, I highly recommend trying this recipe. It’s great as a starter, a dessert and even breakfast!
You could even add a little goat cheese feta for protein:o)
Enjoy and let me know what you think in the comments below!!
- 1/2 small seedless watermelon, cubed
- 12-14 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 field, organic cucumber (peel skin if NOT organic)
- large handful fresh mint, rolled and chopped
- 2 limes
- 1-2 tsp honey, coconut sugar or coconut nectar (optional)
- sprinkle Himalayan sea salt
- 1/3 cup goat feta or crumbly goat cheese (optional)
- Chop watermelon, cucumber, tomatoes and mint as instructed above, toss together in a large bowl.
- Add freshly squeezed lime, honey and salt.
- Toss all ingredients and add goat cheese just before serving (this is totally optional)
- Add more lime, salt and sweetener as desired!!